Sunday, August 22, 2010

Marion Smith's class photos




Just back from Marion Smith's class. I had such a great time and I learned a ton. She has a really nice, easy going teaching style and she is very knowledgeable about painting and art in general.

Here is my finished layout from her class. The background is painted on Prima paintables. which are black and white designs printed on watercolor paper. The paper quality is excellent. The paper is retired but you might find it online. I suggest you call prima I believe they still have some in stock. I painted the paper with watercolor paint from a tube and then sprayed it with tons of glimmer mist and allowed all the colors the soften and bleed into each other. The effect is so soft and dreamy. So...I bought some of Prima's new flowers including this plastic looking branch(I'm not sure why) but I think it looks really cool with the leaves and buds glued on. In addition the shiny plastic looks seems to work really well with the UTEE flowers I made in class. (Oh! so much fun).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!