Monday, August 9, 2010


I have been wanting to do a layout with this Dusty Attic fairy that I think is so cute. I started painting her and I lost her! I finally found her yesterday in a storage box in my scrap room. I'm notorious for misplacing things. So while my little fairy chippie was missing, I was having a hard time getting through this dry spell. I've been waiting for all the new CHA stuff that I order to come in and frankly I don't like waiting. Well, I took a quick run over to our local 'Big Box" craft store (something I don't normally do, I only shop at LSS because they need our support) and I found this gorgeous paper stack called Jubilee with has some really beautiful papers that inspired this l/o. It also has some gorgeous rub-ons and butterfly stickers in the collection.
I did get in a new pack of Claudine Hellmuth sticky back canvas, so I printed my DD's photo on the canvas and started layering some of these beautiful, whimsical papers.
The fairy is painted with acrylic paint and I added some watercolors to her wings. Starting from dark purple to light pink giving her wings an ombre effect. Then went over everything with diamond stickles because it wouldn't change the paint underneath. The black frame is by Hambly studios.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!