Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tutorial: Print and Cut Digital Elements with Silhouette Cameo Featuring Webster's Pages Digital Designs!




The great things about buying Digital Elements from manufacturers like Echo Park, Pink Paislee and Webster's pages is the price is significantly lower then buying all the paper and sometimes they are offered before the stores even get the paper. Jessica Sprague  has exclusive designs from the Pink Paislee that may never be produced on paper, I saw this new line from Pink Paislee called Bohemian Bliss.

So you buy the digital papers and elements and now what, well lets get started with some basics. One, you can use the paper any size you want. Two, if you have Photoshop or other photo editing software you can change the colors, see my tutorial here. Three, you can trace it and make your own Print and Cut element I'll show you that today!). Four, you can Print and Cut your digi paper into any shape you want you can see my tutorial for that here.

So lets get started with today's project!
 Here is what I'm using

Epson Photo 1400 Large Format Photo Printer
This is the paper I print my digital paper and elements on
*Epson Heavyweight Inkjet Paper Letter Size, Matte White, 50 Sheets
Silhouette CAMEO
Beacon Zip Dry Paper Glue
Prima Flowers Comfort Craft Distressing Tool
Ranger Ink Blending Tool
Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Martha Stewart Glue Pen
Scotch Foam Tape
Asst. Prima flowers
1/8" Black Ribbon
I scanned all my dies, so now I can cut my favorite shapes in any size.
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Mega Dies, Fancy Tags 3
Websters Page's Everyday Poetry Digi Collection
From the Silhouette Store by Lori Whitlock
12x12_background_shapes_C01314_20509
12x12_background_shapes_C01319_20509


Here is the design I created on my Silhouette Mat

1. Open your digital papers and elements onto your mat. File > open > *all files*>OK. Repeat that process for all the digital element you want to work with.


2. Now you can shape your digital paper before you cut it. Open you background shapes you want to use on your mat. Size your paper to the final size you want to use, align the shape up on top of each other, select both and go Object> Modify>Crop repeat this process for as many papers as you want. Next you need to trace these shape to cut them.


3.For cutting the cage element you are going to open it on your mat and trace it. When you trace you can save time and just trace the outside or you can edit the points and cut out lots of details. I have a tutorial to do this right here on my blog . I want to give you a couple of screen shots to help with editing. The main objective it to delete any areas that are just too small, like these

Here's a close up of an area the needs to be moved or deleted because the cut would be too small. 
Now it's gone 

 The software doesn't know the difference between a white flower and background so these points need to be deleted too.


 It's not hard to do, it just takes some patience. When your done editing, you can print and cut it. I set the speed to1 with something this intricate. Next, you can cut your cardstock shapes.  After everything is cut, I like to ink and distress around the edges giving the card a vintage look.
 5. I added some ribbon and a bow to the pink tag and glued the cage diecut to it. To add some dimension I used Foam Tape between the cardstock layers. The last part is adding the flowers and gluing the whole thing to  a card base.

Well another project completed and lots of new skills learned. 
Thanks for stopping by. If you like to share what you make feel free to give me a link in the comments.




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial. Thanks so much. I have to try and get some digi papers onto the Cameo mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I just found out about the silhouette cameo. Can you print anything on your printer that's connected with your silhouette and have those marks and then have the cameo cut it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Anything" is a little open ended, but you can cut any .jpg,.png etc. Some images are more difficult to trace then others. If you have something specific in mind leave a link and I will take a look at it. :) Lisa

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!