Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Once Upon a sketch Challenge!

November 1st Challenge
at "Once Upon a Sketch Blog"
The Journaling Criteria: This time you need to journal at least 2 SENTENCES on WHEN you started scrapping and WHY?
You MUST combine our journaling criteria with this sketch.

Here's my take on it!


I started scrapbooking like so may other people right after the birth of my DD. As I said in my journaling I can't imagine a better way to capture some indescribable events, like the panic I felt when my DD was in Manhattan as hurricane Irene was barreling down to east coast headed straight for her! I created this page to capture all the fun things so did and the total calm and poise that she handled the storm with. This is her standing at the Hudson river about a block from my sister's flat, right after the storm had passed.. The storm was coming but my DD was so calm and stoic as usual! The photo of the statue of liberty was take with her cell phone and of course the photo wasn't great so I decided to create a painted effect in Photoshop so I could use the photo and the resolution wouldn't really matter. All the little collage elements are to remind her of things she did. As for hurricane Irene, thank goodness the storm never really did much! Phew!!
*Digi elements by Rhonna Farrer, Polyvore, SeptdesNovembre and Bashcorpo.
.

17 comments:

  1. Wow! Your digi scrapping is FANTASTIC! Love the photo...and your take on the sketch is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous, Lisa!! A wonderful take on the sketch, I think the design is perfect!! Love it love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Lisa! Love the photo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a favorite ;)
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi.. wow. this is stunning.. and an amazing photo.. well done on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous,impressive, inspiring layout!!!I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!!! I would also like to congratulate you for the GD position at MCS!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, love, love your take on Nadia`s sketch! Awesome job!!!!!!! Hugs ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours in this are gorgeous & reflect your story so well ~ your design is very clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love everything about this fun lo! Just perfect! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Lisa, just another awesome page from you! You always do outstanding work and this is another beauty!!! Love your details, that cityscape is really cool!! Thanks for playing along again at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh all the details.. awesome page.. Thanks for playing along with us over att OUAS ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh swoon.....this is just gorgeous!!!!!
    love everything about this layout!
    thank you so much for playing with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is incredible Lisa. Seriously breathtaking. Your style is very unique and I LOVE IT! The photo is awesome! Thank you SO very much for playing along with us yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wooooow Lisa!!!! Your layout is just stunning and very inspiring!!!! It is magical!!! I love every single detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally beautiful. Love the details. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa awesome page! You have such incredible creative talent.I love your work.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge.
    Jenix

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!