Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Glimmer Glam Review!

Well I bought some of the new glimmer glam and glimmer glaze. I had watched the tutorials and frankly the tattered angels video was a bit ridiculous. In the video they demoed the product by spilling it on the paper and wiping it off with a paper towel. Seriously, why would I buy expensive product only to have it all end up on a paper towel. So forgetting everything I saw, I started out with the new Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology line I love all the resists designs, perfect right. Here's what I learned. 1. The product is fabulous! 2. Glimmer Glam is wonderful for painting with a paint brush, I use the Claudine Helmuth set. I simply painted the paper top to bottom in even strokes coming directly out of the bottle. The Glam just glides on and creates a beautiful pearlized finish. For my background paper I used Espresso (dark brown)with Hayride (Golden with green metallic) over the top. You can see in the photo it is so rich and creates enormous depth on the basically white paper. The photo mat paper is Lime Ricky from Basic Grey I went over the whole page with Mermaid glimmer glam. Wow so rich I love the effect. For the dollies sheet of paper (behind the gate) I simple painted on walnut gold glimmer mist. It is fine but no where the punch of the glimmer glam. 3 Next I used the glimmer glaze. Very different product. I like it very much. It comes with a very small nail polish like brush for I would suggest using it as a highlighter almost like you would use stickles. I used it on the edge of the flowers. So, I am ordering a bunch of Glimmer Glam and I will get some of the Glimmer Glaze but I have to say I love painting my paper with the stuff. *****Five stars for Glimmer Glam and *** stars for Glimmer Glaze. Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lisa! came from DA site and I love your work! Beautifully done! Gerry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!