Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cherry Blossom Tutorial










Supplies: punches- a large splat, Medium blossom, small Cosmo flower.




2 punched out blossoms go on the bottom and after punching I snip about a 1/4 of an inch in between each petal.


Next, I chalk the blossom with a mixtures of white, pink and hot pink.


After chalking I use a shaping tool on the round end (pictured above) I stir the blossoms on a gel mouse pad to soften and condition the paper. As you stir the ends start to cup around the shaping tool. Follow the same directions for the splat. (I trim the splat a little on the outside edges to make the petals smaller. This is just my preference you don't have to do it.)


For the center of the blossom I punch a small cosmo and on each individual petal I cut down the middle. next, I cup it the same way. Hint:I find that a small roller ball stylus works even better and the cup gets nice and small.


Finally, each layer is glued together (I like glue dots) and I add stickles to the stamen. You can also use a mini sun punch as an alternative to the small cosmo. I like to alternate between the two, as in the finished picture below. I even rearrange the layers for variety. I hope you make some beautiful blossoms! For the finished flower in a layout see below.




1 comment:

  1. would love to see the final finished flower, sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!