Saturday, May 19, 2012

Silhouette Cameo Print and Cut Card

My daughter is a member of the Los Robles Children's Choir and the Artistic Director is retiring this year and tomorrow is her last performance with the group. Donna has done an amazing job working with three different choirs and she will truly be missed. I wanted to make her a special card that included the extraordinary places the choir has performed, including Carnegie Hall in NYC. The card is inspired by a design from Nayda Rocha of Brazil, I saw this project she made in January and I fell in love with it. 
I knew I wanted to do something with little singers and a little citiscape and her design came to mind, I hope I did the idea justice. Donna had always loved the handmade cards I'd given her for Christmas, so this one had to be special.




What I use to make this card
Graphic Landmarks purchased from http://graphicleftovers.com/ it's the only place I've ever found that sells graphics cheap enough, like for $1.
The little singers are digital graphics from My Graphico the item is called singing carols.
Blue cloud paper is Echo Park Digi-Hello Summer at Jessica Sprague.
they have really cute stuff and I notice this one today.... so cute!

Love this color combo!
These graphics are .png files so you don't need the designer edition to use them!!
 If you'd like to use digital graphics in your projects check out my tutorial here!
Thanks for stopping by had have a beautiful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Incredible work..SO love this. So much detail and I am sure it would have been loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, I love it, and it's easy to see how hard you worked on it. A very lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is a beautiful card Lisa. It is a masterpiece for sure. I love the way you have stacked all the elements and patiently explainied how you did it too. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome creations with us. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!!! What a fun, fun card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card. I think you did a wonderful job. I am going to keep this idea floating around in my mind for use in the future, thanks for sharing your great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!