Thursday, February 23, 2012

Using Silhouette Studio to Design Sketches

Hey Everyone,
I was at my LSS last night and pick up a bunch of the new Prima papers and embellishments. There papers are gorgeous, and this year at CHA I had to be pulled out of their booth. Normally, I make a card or layout with little or no planning and the truth is it takes a lot of trial and error to make things look good. But, since I bought my Silhouette Cameo I design right in the Studio software, even if I may not need to cut anything. It saves me  bunch of time and if I do need to cut something with the machine it's all ready on the mat (winning a la Charlie Sheen). If not, I have a great sketch to work off of. So I did a sketch for a card and I thought I'd share it so you can give it a try too! If you want to use these actual shapes they are all available in the silhouette store.
Here's my finished take on the sketch. 


Here are the supplies for this project.

Prima Almanac Paper Pad 8.3" x 11.7" perfect size for cards!
Shabby Chic Resin Treasures-Small Sparrows 1"X1.5"
Prima - Almanac Collection - Resist Canvas - Printery Shapes
Tim Holtz Game Spinners
Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Vintage Photo
Zip Dry Paper Glue

The torn bits of paper are Basic Grey paper doilies from old stash. I've just torn off small strips and glued them to the edge of the paper, it gives the effect of lots of layers without add too much bulk. I could probably get the same effect with just a torn paper edge from scraps!

If you'd like to share what you made leave me a link and I'll have a share day soon!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting, it's great to hear from you!