Here are the step by step instructions for page 2.
1.Cut background paper with deckle scissors (as with page 1) Wipe edge with white paint dauber.
2.White print paper 1/4 inch smaller all the way around. (11 1/2 x 11 1/2 approx) Splatter background with blue paint as demoed in class. (it's ok to skip this if you don't have paint)
4.Next you will layer the 4 background papers as shown. a.Starting at the top the black polka dot (2.1/2 x 7 1/2) in the center. b. To the left the news print with white flower (1 1/2 x 6.) c. Next the brick acetate layer over the newsprint (2 x 6). d. Beige polka dot print 2 3/4 x 5 1/2. 5 place the blue flower in the bottom right of the grouping, you may want to line up your photo and mat first to make sure of the position. 6. Add flower sticker. 7 add round sticker over lapping the blue flower. If you look at the photo you can see that it is under the photo and hangs a bit lower than the blue flower. you can leave the backing on the sticker to get the position right. 8. add photo and mat. The mat is 1/2 inch wider and longer than your photo. place your photo as shown. 9. add paisley sticker. 10 Add wood Arrow. 11. Cut banner from any scrap by like and add under arrow. Cut two more banners and add them over circle sticker. 13 Add any sticker in the "dare to dream" sticker spot. Be creative you have a whole sheet to choose from! 14. Cut the end off the polka dot strip from the kit to form a banner, my finished length is about 4 1/2' (You can add another title here if you want) 15. add pointing finger. 16 add acetate flower! 17.Cut a banner 2" long and layer in the top left corner of black polka dot as shown. The last step is to cut out two flags like we did in class, (mine are 2 1/2 and 1 1/2") use any scrap to create a thin flag pole and top with silver stickers from the kit! and Voila your done!! Great Job! You did it!!
I've been wanting to scrap this picture of my DD for a year now and when I saw this paper line from Basic Grey I knew it would be perfect. I love the Pink Paislee wood pieces which I left raw because it just seemed right. I used the deckle scissors around the edges, I love the uniform torn look and if you only want to take off a tiny amount you don't have to worry that you'll tear too much off. I Added a little gesso to the background paper to make it a little bit whiter.
The little acetate flowers are handmade. Photos by Monica Teurlings.
I made these acetate flowers and leaves on the Cricut maching using the Cartridge Accent Essentials and deep cutting blade at medium speed. It cuts the plastic really well, I have the .007 thickness. I cut the paper flowers next using the same design and layered it with the acetate flowers. They are dyed with alcohol inks watermelon and sail and the edges are frosted with a little white acrylic paint to help them stand out a little more. The centers are Prima SIIP and some stick on pearls.