Every March around the first my daughter gets sick, I don't know why, but here we go again. My DD was home for 4 days with a fever so there wasn't much going on. So what do you document when your home sick with your child?
So here are some suggestions.
1. Home remedies, do you have a special tea you brew or some other special foods. For my daughter when she's sick the only thing she wants to eat are grilled cheese sandwiches and my special smoothies, especially if she has a sore throat.
2. Trips to the doctor.
3. Things that bring comfort. Even my 13 year old reaches for one of her old stuffed animals when she isn't feeling fell.
4. Entertainment. My daughter loves to watch movies and play crazy eights when she starts to feel a bit better.
5. Memories of a previous illness. I remember when my DD got Croup and we had to call an ambulance because it got so bad. No fun but if you haven't documented a story from the past you can tell the story now.
6. Tell a story about when you were little and what your Mom did or didn't do for you. It's a great opportunity to pass down a story or tell how a ritual got started.
7. Take photos of the stacks of Kleenex tissues or bottle of cold medicines.
8. Remember to take a picture when the cold or flu passes, capture the healthy glow coming back!
So here is week 9 the sick week.
That I used this week:
From Designer Digitals
KP Stitched Grid
Digi Kits that will help document those weeks when someone is not feeling their best.
Sick Day by Traci Reed
9 Out Of 10 Doctors Agree by Libby Pritchett
Do you have a ritual when you or your kids are sick, I'd love to hear about it! Leave a comment.
Have a healthy week.